Friday, August 15, 2008

Trout Tale



























I am high jacking Faye's blog by her request to share this great story with you. I would let her help me...but it is now 11pm.
Wednesday night the kids and I walked down to Pine Lake Park. They played on the equipment for a long time, but just before we left we decided to walk down to the lake. There were a lot of people swimming and fishing since it was a nice day. Faye wanted to watch a few of the people that were fishing. We started chatting with one really nice man and his wife, although Faye was quite shy. He asked if she wanted to help reel his fish in if he got one, and use the fish net to get him. She liked that idea. He said, "well then, I really must know your name if you are going to help me. Just in case you run off and play when the fish comes in." She agreed and told him her name and he explained just what to do. We stood around for about 10 minutes and he and his wife were telling us that this was the second night they had been out and hadn't caught anything yet. It was getting late, so we bid them good luck on their fishing and started heading off the long dock. We literally got to the end of the dock and he was calling, "Faye!! I need your help!" We ran back down to the end of the dock, and sure enough there was a nice trout on the line. Faye did great on helping to get the fish in, and of course we took pictures! He made Faye feel like it was all of her effort that made him catch the fish, she was so proud! She called Daddy to say, "I caught my first fish!"

1 comment:

Marge said...

Faye - it sure is fun to do something new isn't it. I have never caught a fish and here you are 6 years old and you caught one! Congratulations. Nana